- Business Manager/Human Resources Officer
- Girls Varsity Soccer Coach
- Literature and Composition Instructors
- Public Relations Assistant
- Part Time Residential Life Instructor/Health Office Assistant
The Maine School of Science and Mathematics (MSSM) seeks a self-motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to lead its Business/Human Resources Department.
The Business Manager / Human Resources Officer oversees all aspects of the school’s finances such as monthly financials and budget preparation; Human Resource functions (hiring, retention and development of the highest quality staff; insurances, and the filing of all financial and human resources reports to the appropriate government reporting agency. This position staffs the Finance and Facilities Committee of the MSSM Board of Trustees.
The successful candidate develops a healthy rapport with the MSSM community and facilitates open and regular planning and communications regarding finance and human resources.
Qualifications: A successful candidate must have at least five years of business and human resources experience in a formal, business (school) setting. Preference will be given to individuals holding a Master's Degree in Business Administration or Business Management with human resources expertise or a related field. In addition the successful candidate will be expected to know more than the basics in business; such as how to work as a team, communicate with employees, and solve problems common in business/school settings. Applicants considered for the position will undergo a credit check as well as a background check.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, MSSM Administrator Application, and curriculum vitae along with transcripts and three (3) letters of recommendation to the address below. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The Maine School of Science and Mathematics seeks a Girls Soccer Varsity Coach for the fall 2017 season.
- Knowledge of the sport
- Previous coaching experience preferred
- Willingness to meet MPA qualifying standards
For more information, please contact:
Sarah Stackhouse, Athletic Director
Instructor - Literature & Composition (FT): English instructors are responsible for teaching four sections comprised of a mixture of literature and composition classes based on area of expertise and prior experience. MSSM teachers must not be afraid of bright and challenging students, hard work, or the occasional additional duties typical of a residential school (including some involvement in student activities as well as some night and weekend work over the course of the year).
Qualifications: A successful candidate must have at least two years of successful teaching experience in a formal, academic setting. Preference will be given to individuals holding a Master's Degree in English Composition or Literature, and experience teaching either African American or World Literature is greatly desired.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Responsible for preparing and promoting MSSM via social media, press releases, print and web impressions, marketing materials, placing advertisements and assisting the Office of Admission with public relations activities including development of brochures, posters and banners.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; experience in graphic design with familiarity in several platforms is necessary; experience working with teens and a valid Maine driver’s license are required.
Position Start Date: July 1, 2017
Work Hours: Approximately 22 hours per week
Compensation: To be determined pending qualifications.
The primary responsibilities of a Residential Instructor/Health Office Assistant are to:
- Work with students in grades nine through twelve in a residential setting to foster and maintain a healthy and home-like environment in the MSSM residence hall.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment
- Be a positive role model for the student body.
- Be approachable and caring.
- Provide an environment conducive to learning and academic pursuits.
- Administer prescribed medications after Medication Training
- Notify parents/legal guardians of significant injuries, health concerns, vision, and hearing referral follow ups.
- Assist the certified school nurse with school screenings
- Assist Director of Health Services with filing, recordkeeping, inventory, and other health office tasks.
- Provide transportation support to all aspects of residential life, including medical appointments.
Programs would include a variety of games, sports, cultural events, movies, crafts, dances, outdoor activities and life skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Age 21 or older.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record (school bus license a plus).
- Ability to plan, organize and lead general indoor/outdoor activities.
- Experience in outdoor activities and leadership development is a plus.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Ability and desire to work positively and productively with teenagers.
- Willingness to take on varied tasks that support the program.
- Willingness to be flexible and to adopt energy and work to meet the needs of the program.
- First responder first aid training and Red Cross WSI preferred.
Position Start Date: August 14, 2017
MSSM’s part time residential staff/health office assistant receives an hourly rate of $10 per hour.
If you are interested in any of the above positions and meet the eligibility requirements, please complete and return an MSSM application for employment (http://www.mssm.org/about/employment-opportunities), a cover letter, resume, transcript, and three letters of recommendation to email@example.com or via fax at 325-3340 attention: Danielle Deschaine