- Business Manager/Human Resources Officer
- Girls Varsity Soccer Coach
- Physical Science Adjunct Instructor
- Part Time Residential Life Instructor/Health Office Assistant
The Maine School of Science and Mathematics (MSSM) seeks a self-motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to lead its Business/Human Resources Department.
The Business Manager / Human Resources Officer oversees all aspects of the school’s finances such as monthly financials and budget preparation; Human Resource functions (hiring, retention and development of the highest quality staff; insurances, and the filing of all financial and human resources reports to the appropriate government reporting agency. This position staffs the Finance and Facilities Committee of the MSSM Board of Trustees.
The successful candidate develops a healthy rapport with the MSSM community and facilitates open and regular planning and communications regarding finance and human resources.
Qualifications: A successful candidate must have at least five years of business and human resources experience in a formal, business (school) setting. Preference will be given to individuals holding a Master's Degree in Business Administration or Business Management with human resources expertise or a related field. In addition the successful candidate will be expected to know more than the basics in business; such as how to work as a team, communicate with employees, and solve problems common in business/school settings. Applicants considered for the position will undergo a credit check as well as a background check.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, MSSM Administrator Application, and curriculum vitae along with transcripts and three (3) letters of recommendation to the address below. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The Maine School of Science and Mathematics seeks a Girls Soccer Varsity Coach for the fall 2017 season.
- Knowledge of the sport
- Previous coaching experience preferred
- Willingness to meet MPA qualifying standards
For more information, please contact:
Sarah Stackhouse, Athletic Director
Physical Science Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor - Physical Science: The Maine School of Science & Mathematics invites applications for an Adjunct Instructor of Physical Science for the 2017-18 school year. Candidates should have at least three years of university and/or high school teaching experience.
A minimum of a Masters in a physical science, or related discipline is required. Teaching load will be one section with lab (6 hours per week contact time). The ideal candidate should be well versed in student centered teaching methods. This course is taken by grade 9 students, and content should include introductory concepts in chemistry, physics, and earth science.
If you are interested in the above position and meet the eligibility requirements, please complete and submit an MSSM application for employment, a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcript, a short description of teaching philosophy and three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 325-3340 attention: Danielle Deschaine. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
95 High Street, Limestone, ME 04750 (207) 325-3303 Fax (207) 325-3340 www.mssm.org
The primary responsibilities of a Residential Instructor/Health Office Assistant are to:
- Work with students in grades nine through twelve in a residential setting to foster and maintain a healthy and home-like environment in the MSSM residence hall.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment
- Be a positive role model for the student body.
- Be approachable and caring.
- Provide an environment conducive to learning and academic pursuits.
- Administer prescribed medications after Medication Training
- Notify parents/legal guardians of significant injuries, health concerns, vision, and hearing referral follow ups.
- Assist the certified school nurse with school screenings
- Assist Director of Health Services with filing, recordkeeping, inventory, and other health office tasks.
- Provide transportation support to all aspects of residential life, including medical appointments.
Programs would include a variety of games, sports, cultural events, movies, crafts, dances, outdoor activities and life skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Age 21 or older.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record (school bus license a plus).
- Ability to plan, organize and lead general indoor/outdoor activities.
- Experience in outdoor activities and leadership development is a plus.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Ability and desire to work positively and productively with teenagers.
- Willingness to take on varied tasks that support the program.
- Willingness to be flexible and to adopt energy and work to meet the needs of the program.
- First responder first aid training and Red Cross WSI preferred.
Position Start Date: August 14, 2017
MSSM’s part time residential staff/health office assistant receives an hourly rate of $10 per hour.
If you are interested in any of the above positions and meet the eligibility requirements, please complete and return an MSSM application for employment pertinent to the position you are applying for, a cover letter, resume, transcript, and three letters of recommendation to email@example.com or via fax at 325-3340 attention: Danielle Deschaine