As anyone who has ever attended school knows, there is nothing better than summer break! There are hours upon hours of relaxing, swimming, hiking, reading, gaming, vacationing, barbecuing, biking, and, best of all, no school!
Yet learning does not have to stop just because school is out. In fact, the summer is the perfect time to continue learning about your favorite subjects!
In its 20th year, the MSSM Summer Camps is as excited as ever to inspire and encourage campers ages 10-14 to pursue their passions in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
The MSSM Summer Camp program provides an opportunity for campers to exchange ideas and experiences with like-minded peers and an enthusiastic and dedicated staff who share their passion for science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Campers discover new and exciting opportunities as they delve deeper into these subjects, which ignite a desire to pursue careers in these fields.
Why study the inner workings of mammals when you can dissect a fetal pig or a cow heart and see for yourself? Why learn about rockets when you can build and launch your own? Why study fractals from a book when you can build a record-breaking fractal yourself?
The Maine School of Science and Mathematics Summer Camp inspires young minds to pursue their favorite subjects through innovative and interactive classes. For seventeen years, students ages 10-14 have been coming to Limestone, Maine eager to learn and have left with renewed passion for the STEM fields. It is our hope that a single summer experience can spark a life-long desire for learning.
Visit our APPLY ONLINE page to begin the application.
Each year, MSSM Summer Camp offers a variety of educational and fun classes, including camp standards like Lift Off! (Rocket building), Computer Programming, CSI, and much more! The exact course offerings vary each year based on instructor interest and availability. The complete list of courses is announced each spring. After completing their course selection preferences, campers will be assigned to four week-long, hands-on courses.
In addition to excellent classes, campers will also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of recreational activities each afternoon and evening. These include camp classics like capture the flag, swimming, rock climbing, crafts and the famous "Monster Night" scavenger hunt.
- Cary Medical Center http://www.carymedicalcenter.org/
- Chester M. Kearney, CPA http://www.cmkcpa.com/
- Gibson Realty, LLC http://www.gibsonrealtygroup.com/
- Hunting-Dearborn, Inc. http://www.hunting-intl.com/dearborn
- Jepson Financial Advisors
- Katahdin Trust Company www.katahdintrust.com
- Kiwanis Club of Caribou
- Maine Educators of the Gifted & Talented http://www.megat.org/
- MMG Insurance Company http://www.mainemutual.com/
- Pratt & Whitney http://www.pw.utc.com/Home
- Anonymous Donor through the Maine Community Foundation
- Bangor Savings Bank
- Science Source
- Maine Space Grant Consortium
- Maine Educators for the Gifted and Talented
- Matthew P. Cesare Memorial Fund
- MMG Insurance
- Stained Glass Express
- Fairchild SemiConductor
- Gibson Realty LLC
- Cary Medical Center
- Maine & Company
- Pratt & Whitney
- North Atlantic Energy Advisors
- Caribou Rotary Club
- Pines Health Services
- General Dynamics: Bath Iron Works
- Elizabeth Reuthe Associates
- John M. Eagleson Jr. Institute