- Summer Camp Academic Director
- Temporary Residential Instructor (female)
- Long Term Substitute AP Psychology Instructor
Summer Camp Academic Director
The Summer Camp Academic Director oversees the academic program for five weeks of camps (ages 10-14). Responsibilities include planning and supervising the academic portion of camp. MSSM Summer Camp attracts over 500 campers annually. A successful candidate will be highly organized, detailed oriented, have excellent time management, and versatile. The position requires attendance Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Saturdays for a few hours to drive to off-campus events, and Sundays from Noon to 8 PM.
Qualifications: A successful candidate must have at least a bachelors’ degree and must be at least 25 years in age. Candidates should be proficient in technology use, including Microsoft Office, google applications, and database experience (we use Camp Minder). Previous leadership experience is preferred. Enthusiasm for STEM education is a must.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018 or until a successful candidate is found
Start Date: February 2019
Compensation: This is a part-time position (average of 10hours/week) from February to June compensated with a stipend of $3,500. During the camp season (June 26-August 4), it becomes a full-time, live-in position with a salaried compensation of $5,000 as well as free room and board.
Summer Camp Academic Director Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Recruit, interview, and recommend for hire instructors for five weeks of summer camp
- Create the annual course selections for camp and publish publicly by March 31
- Work with administrative assistant to gather course preferences from all campers
- Plan and conduct orientation for all instructors
- Manage team of mentors and counselors during camp class time
- Inventory and order necessary academic supplies
- Responsible for ordering, purchasing, and picking up all instructor supplies during camp
- Complete all purchase orders by June 1st, 2019
- Assist with driving to off-site events on Saturdays
- Work with the Business Office to collect all required payroll paperwork
- Assist the Camp Director, as necessary
If you’re interested in this position and meet the eligibility requirements, please send a letter of interest to Danielle Deschaine at email@example.com.
MSSM is an equal opportunity employer.
Temporary Residential Instructor (female)
Application Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
Position Start Date: March 1, 2019 through April 26, 2019 (tentative)
The primary responsibilities of a Residential Instructor are to:
- Work and live with students in grades nine through twelve in a residential setting to foster and maintain a healthy and home-like environment in the MSSM residence hall.
- Develop and implement recreational opportunities that include a variety of games, sports, cultural events, movies, crafts, dances, outdoor activities and life skills.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Be a positive role model for the student body.
- Be approachable and caring.
- Provide an environment conducive to learning and academic pursuits.
- This temporary position consists of 5 consecutive working days per week involving office coverage, programming and on-call shifts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Age 21 or older.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record (school bus license a plus).
- Ability to plan, organize and lead general indoor/outdoor activities.
- Experience in outdoor activities and leadership development is a plus.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Ability and desire to work positively and productively with teenagers.
- Willingness to take on varied tasks that support the program.
- Flexibility while working to meet the needs of our students.
This temporary position will be compensated on a per hour basis. Room and Board provided.
If you meet the eligibility requirements and are interested in the above position, please email a letter of interest and resume along with completed MSSM application and transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Part Time Residential Instructor in the Subject Line.
Long Term Substitute AP Psychology Instructor
Instructor - AP Psychology (Adjunct): The AP Psychology Instructor will be responsible for teaching one section of AP Psychology using the AP curriculum. The class is currently scheduled for Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6-8:30 starting January 21, 2019.
Qualifications: A successful candidate must have at least two years of exemplary teaching experience in a formal, academic setting and will exhibit: the ability to inspire students, excellent communication and organizational skills, and a willingness and desire to work with high school students in a close-knit, residential community.
A minimum of a Master's Degree in Psychology or a related field is preferred.
Anticipated Start Date: January 21, 2019.
If you are interested in this position and meet the eligibility requirements,
please complete and return the appropriate MSSM application for employment
a cover letter, resume, transcript and three letters of recommendation
to email@example.com or via fax at 325-3340 attention: Danielle
MSSM is an equal opportunity employer.