Application Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
Position Start Date: August 6, 2018
The primary responsibilities of a Residential Instructor are to:
- Work with students in grades nine through twelve in a residential setting to foster and maintain a healthy and home-like environment in the MSSM residence hall.
- Develop and implement recreational opportunities that include a variety of games, sports, cultural events, movies, crafts, dances, outdoor activities and life skills.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Be a positive role model for the student body.
- Be approachable and caring.
- Provide an environment conducive to learning and academic pursuits.
-Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
-Age 21 or older.
-Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record (school bus license a plus).
-Ability to plan, organize and lead general indoor/outdoor activities.
-Experience in outdoor activities and leadership development is a plus.
-Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
-Ability and desire to work positively and productively with teenagers.
-Willingness to take on varied tasks that support the program.
-Willingness to be flexible while working to meet the needs of our students.
MSSM’s part time (16 hours per week/2-8-hour shifts) residential staff receives an hourly rate of $11 per hour.
If you meet the eligibility requirements and are interested in the above position, please email a letter of interest and resume along with completed MSSM application and transcripts to: email@example.com with Part Time Residential Instructor in the Subject Line.