The Camp Health Supervisor is responsible for distributing medications to campers throughout the day. He/she will also orient new camp staff in proper medical emergency procedures.
The Camp Health Supervisor organizes camper medical information and medications and meets with parents and campers during camper orientation. In addition, he/she will assist the Summer Camp Residential Director with any medical emergencies and daily needs. The Camp Health Supervisor should enjoy working with boys and girls ages 10-14 and work closely with residential life staff.
The Camp Health Supervisor suggested hours are: Sunday 1pm-6pm and Monday-Friday: 2pm-9pm for the period between July 1 - August 4, 2018. Salary is commensurate with experience and pending contract details. (Salary includes free room and board, if room & board is desired).
Deadline to apply: As soon as possible.
For consideration, please complete and submit an MSSM non-teaching application for employment found here, a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcript, and three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 325-3340 attention: Danielle Deschaine.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
MSSM is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a full time, live-in position at the Maine School of Science and Mathematics (MSSM) in Limestone, Maine. Residential Instructors (RIs) work as a cooperative, supportive, and productive team to provide a home-like environment in the MSSM dormitory. They provide dorm security and extracurricular activities; uphold dormitory rules and expectations within the MSSM Community Handbook. Their role includes working with the Director of Health Services to dispense daily medication, provide transportation for and adult support at medical appointments, and to help maintain the overall health and wellbeing of all MSSM students. All RIs are expected to maintain regular and open parent communication. Additionally, each RI has specific areas of the residential life program for which they are responsible. These may include, but are not limited to, one or more aspects of the following: oversight of student work assignments; chaperone responsibilities; specialized programming; and/or supervision and leadership of MSSM’s physical education program.
Residential Instructors work under the supervision of the Director of Residential Life. They work five consecutive days a week with two days off. Work days last a minimum of eight hours and often beyond. This position demands a great deal of energy, commitment, and flexibility. In addition to days off, staff members enjoy regular breaks each month when the dorm closes for school vacations or MSSM’s four-day extended weekends. These breaks take place approximately every four weeks.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum age of 21
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Current Criminal History Record Check or willingness to obtain CHRC prior to start date
- Ability to plan, organize, and lead a variety of extracurricular activities
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds
- Ability and desire to work positively and productively with teenagers
- Willingness to take on varied tasks that support the program
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt energy levels and productivity to meet the needs of students
- Ability to be comfortable and productive working with a team
- General computer, typing, and office skills
- Ability to provide compassionate care for sick students
- Ability to communicate effectively with team, parents, and students via email, phone, and face to face conversation
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification or willingness to train post hire
- Current mental health training of any kind or willingness to train post hire
- Knowledge of medical office work or willingness to train post hire
Desirable Education and Training Experience
- Previous experience working with teens and young adults
- Previous residential life experience
- Leadership experience of outdoor activities
- Leadership development experience
- Experience with Google Apps for Education
- Highly competitive salary
- Full health benefits
- On campus room and board (this includes many living expenses)
- Work scheduled based around an academic calendar year
- Bi-weekly, year round pay
- Completed “Application for Non-Teaching Personnel”
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
Applications may be sent via mail, fax, or email
Maine School of Science & Mathematics
Attn: Danielle Deschaine
95 High Street
Limestone, ME 04750
Fax: (207) 325-3340
MSSM is an Equal Opportunity Employer