At this time, we are unable to offer F1-Visas for International Applicants.
Go here to complete the online application.
1. Apply: Complete and submit your portion of the application. The recommendations can be sent after the application is submitted. Remember to complete the short answer questions and the essays and email all 5 essays in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the student's name in the subject line. After entering all information, please click "submit" to start the application process on our end. You may then email us the essays once completed. Clicking submit does not finalize the application, it starts the process.
2. We advise applying online, where all of your recommendations can be electronically submitted to your teachers and counselors once you have submitted your application. If you would prefer, you may print the application form and family supplement and provide your current mathematics teacher, science teacher, English teacher and School Counselor with the recommendation forms. Please remember to thank them for their time and efforts.
3. Transcripts: Please provide a copy of your current grades and, if applicable, completed transcript for grades 8, 9 or 10 depending upon the grade you are applying for.
4. Open House/Interview: This requirement provides the opportunity for you and your family to observe our classes, chat with current students, meet our staff, and complete your 2nd interview. The initial interview will be with the Director of Residential Life over zoom and the second will be with a faculty member. Open House dates are October 9, 2023, November 10, 2023, and January 29, 2024 (Virtual). Attending summer camp does not count as attending an open house. To reserve your space please register here.
5. Testing: For rising 9th and 10th graders, we will administer an admissions test at open houses on campus and at other locations after February 1st. For rising 11th graders, we require one of the following standardized tests: SAT; ACT; PSAT/NMSQT. SAT test dates this fall are August 26, 2023, October 7, 2023, November 4, 2023 and December 2, 2023. ACT test dates are September 9, 2023, October 28, 2023 and December 9, 2023. The primary test day for PSAT/NMSQT is October 11, 2023. Your school counselor may assist you in registering for any of these tests.
For those applying for entry to the 9th grade, please note completion of algebra 1 is required, geometry is highly recommended.
If you choose not to apply online, you may email your application and application documents to: email@example.com or mail them to:
Maine School of Science and Mathematics
Office of Admission
95 High Street
Limestone, ME 04750