Attention 2022 Applicants:
Go here to complete the online application.
1. Apply: Complete and submit your portion of the application, including the family supplement. Remember to complete the short answer questions and the essay.
2. We advise applying online, where all of your recommendations can be electronically submitted to your teachers and counselors once you have submitted your application. If you would prefer, you may print the application form and family supplement and provide your current mathematics teacher, science teacher, English teacher and School Counselor with the recommendation forms. Please remember to thank them for their time and efforts.
3. Transcripts: Please provide a copy of your current grades and, if applicable, completed transcript for grades 8, 9 or 10 depending upon the grade you are applying for.
4. Campus Visit/Interview: This requirement provides the opportunity for you and your family to observe our classes, chat with current students, meet our staff, and complete your interview. Open House dates are October 11, 2021, November 11, 2021, and January 31, 2022. To reserve your space please register here.
5. Testing: We require the results of one of the following standardized tests: SAT; ACT; PSAT/NMSQT. SAT test dates this fall are October 2nd, 2021, November 6, 2021 and December 4, 2021. ACT test dates are October 23, 2021 and December 11, 2021. The primary test day for PSAT/NMSQT is October 13, 2021. Your school counselor may assist you in registering for any of these tests.
For those applying for entry to the 9th grade, please note completion of Algebra 1 is recommended.
Application deadline: The Maine School of Science and Mathematics’ enrollment is limited by dormitory space. We have set Monday, February 1, 2022 as the Application Deadline. If enrollment capacity is not reached by then, MSSM will utilize rolling admission; that is, completed applications will be reviewed until we reach full enrollment.
If you choose not to apply online, you may email your application and application documents to: email@example.com or mail them to:
Maine School of Science and Mathematics
Office of Admission
95 High Street
Limestone, ME 04750