Attention 2021 Applicants:
Go here to complete the online application.
1. Apply: Complete and submit your portion of the application, including the family supplement. Remember to complete the short answer questions and the essay.
2. We advise applying online, where all of your recommendations can be electronically submitted to your teachers and counselors. If you would prefer, you can print the application form and family supplement for yourself and provide your current mathematics teacher, science teacher, English teacher and School Counselor with the recommendation forms. Please remember to thank them for their time and efforts.
3. Transcripts: Please provide a copy of your current grades and, if applicable, completed transcript for grades 8 and 9.
4. Campus Visit/Interview: This requirement provides the opportunity for you and your family to observe our classes, chat with current students, meet our staff, and complete your interview. This requirement may be met virtually this year. To reserve your space please register here.
5. Testing: We require the results of the PSAT 10. We will administer the PSAT 10 test at sites throughout the State of Maine in February and March 2021 to all those who have completed the application prior to February 1st, 2021. (We also accept the PSAT/NMSQT).
For those applying for entry to the 9th grade, please note completion of Algebra 1 is recommended.
Application deadline: The Maine School of Science and Mathematics’ enrollment is limited by dormitory space. We have set Monday, February 1, 2021 as the ‘Application Deadline’. If enrollment capacity is not reached after the specified deadline, MSSM will utilize rolling admission; that is, completed applications will be reviewed until we reach our enrollment goal.
Please be patient whenever the Maine School of Science and Mathematics utilizes a 'Wait List'.
Please submit all recommendations and transcripts to:
Maine School of Science and Mathematics
Office of Admission
95 High Street
Limestone, ME 04750
Submissions can also be scanned and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.