Our students enjoy a healthy choice of dining experiences in our 220 seat dining room. The dining room is managed by Flik, a professional dining service headquartered in Rye New York. The Flik staff include professionally trained chefs and cooks who take great pride in serving our students since 2011.
The dining hall, built in 1974, offers a sunken floor in the center complete with its authentic disco ball seen spinning during school dances throughout the year.
Hanging from the rafters are the flags of many countries representing past and current students who have shadowed the halls of MSSM. Tables sit between 6 to 8 students depending on the style (we have several picnic tables combined with stand alone table and chairs.
Faculty and their families join the student body for their meals which offer several choices that meet the palates and diets our students require. A well stocked salad bar, make your own sandwich and a hot bowl of steamed rice accent the main entree at every meal. During the colder months, the dining room staff provide a soup of the day often times using local produce in all the dishes served.
At MSSM, we believe a healthy lifestyle is paramount in one's pursuit of a quality education. We welcome you to join us for lunch anytime you are in the area!
To see this week's Flik menu.
Did You Know?
- We prepare our foods from whole fresh ingredients, limiting the use of processed foods and avoiding products containing artificial colors, flavorings, M.S.G., preservatives, and high levels of sodium.
- We feature organic, local and Fair Trade fruits and vegetables as availability & pricing allows.
- We serve rBGH and Antibiotic Free Milk. The milk is produced at farms that do not inject cows with the growth hormone rBGH (recombinant bovine growth hormone).
- In our effort to become more socially responsible we have moved to using only biodegradable paper products.
- Our eggs are always from cage-free hens.
- We use cleaning compounds which are much less toxic to the environment than conventional chemicals, and contain less packaging.
Whole fruit, yogurt and hot cereal bar with a variety of 100% juices. Breads, bagels and muffins with accoutrements to include syrup, brown sugar, jams, butter, ketchup and hot sauce.
Deli bar with variety of deli meats and cheeses with house roasted turkey or grilled chicken and vegetarian option. Soup station with one meat and one vegetarian option. Rice bar and salad bar with seasonably local specials.
Grilled cheese station, rice bar, soup station and our salad bar are nightly offerings. Desserts consist of local and seasoned whole fruit as well as freshly prepared sweets.
*Grazing is offered Monday through Friday 8:45am till 10am ; 2pm until 4pm and weekend afternoons 2pm till 4pm.