Congratulations to the six mathletes who recently represented MSSM at the New England Mathematics Competition (NEAML) in Canton, Massachusetts. The team came in second place in the Small School Division. A special shout-out to Brett Foster for a repeat performance of a perfect score. Well done MSSM!
I recently shared the Finals Week Schedule. Twenty-four hour quiet hours will commence in two weeks on the Saturday morning preceding Finals Week. On Sunday of that week, all students are expected to be on campus between the hours of 12:30 pm and 4:30 pm for Study Day which provides students with dedicated review and work time with faculty. Regular classes do not meet during finals week but many faculty will be conducting office hours during this time. Tickets are required for the Senior Banquet, however the entire MSSM community is invited to the “Senior Night” program on Friday, and the commencement ceremony and rocket launch on Saturday.
Students have begun to participate in our course questionnaire process where they asked to provide feedback in each of their classes about teaching and course content and delivery. Responses will available to individual instructors, department chairs, and administration only after grades have been reported. Thank you in advance for your input!
This week we continue class sign-ups for next fall. According to our plan this spring, students and parents should have received an email from advisors listing each of the requests. We recognize that scheduling constraints sometimes make it necessary for students to make difficult choices and as always, we will review any reported conflicts as we attempt to optimize the schedule over the summer. A reminder that students who are requesting to enroll in more than five core courses or three or more AP Classes must complete an overload form.
This week also marks to start of AP Exams. For those testing this week, remember that rest and nourishment are more critical than last minute test preparations. Good Luck!
Below is the summary of events for the next two weeks:
Monday, May 7
- AP Chemistry Exam 8:00 am
- AP Psychology Exam 12:00 pm
Tuesday, May 8
- Senior Class Meeting B101 1:00 pm
Friday, May 11
- AP United States History Exam 8:00 am
Sunday, May 13
- Mother’s Day
Monday, May 14
- AP Biology Exam 8:00 am
- AP Physics C Mechanics Exam 12:00 pm
- AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism Exam 2:00 pm
- Sign-ups for Fall Classes Ends
Tuesday, May 15
- AP Calculus AB and AP Calculus BC Exams 8:00 am
- Computer Science A Exam 12:00 pm
- French Language and Culture Exam 12:00 pm
- Last day for regular registration for the June 3rd SAT (MSSM not in Session)
Wednesday, May 16
- AP English Language and Composition Exam 8:00 am
- AP Macroeconomics Exam 12:00 pm
Thursday, May 17
- AP Statistics Exam 12:00 pm
Friday, May 18
- AP Microeconomics Exam 8:00 am
Deborah F. McGann | Dean of Faculty | Science Instructor