About the MSSM Foundation
The MSSM Foundation is a 501(c)3 founded to help ensure the long-term success of the Maine School of Science and Mathematics by raising and distributing resources to enhance its educational offerings, maintain an outstanding faculty, and ensure access to all qualified students. Since its creation in 1994, the Foundation has raised over $1.5 million to support the students, faculty, and staff of the Maine School of Science and Mathematics.
The MSSM Foundation raises funds for the following purposes:
- Need-based financial aid to ensure that all students can participate fully in MSSM’s programs;
- One-time costs to start, expand, or improve extra-curricular or co-curricular activities;
- One-time costs to expand or improve facilities in ways that directly benefit students or allow for the creation of new programs;
- Support for student and faculty original research, undertaken outside of the core curriculum;
- Faculty professional development;
- Occasional expenses for which the use of state appropriations is not appropriate;
- Urgent, unforeseen needs or opportunities brought to the Foundation by the school’s administration.