“You’re changing lives.” That’s what Lillian Costello ‘15 has to say to donors of the MSSM Foundation. The MSSM Foundation raises and distributes resources to help expand MSSM’s already impressive educational offerings, support our outstanding faculty, and ensure access to qualified students. MSSM is a small, but mighty, school where high achieving students can find a supportive community ready to get the best from them. Here are some of the recent projects supported by the Foundation:
- Construction of the new Art and Fritzie Thompson Greenhouse;
- New equipment for the fitness center;
- Graduate degree coursework for members of the faculty;
- Travel to VEX Robotics competitions;
- Scholarships to MSSM Summer Camp;
- Expenses related to J-Term research trips;
- Financial aid for deserving students and families;
- Parents Association activities focused on residential life;
- Student-led observatory construction at the Francis Malcolm Science Center.
Donations to the Foundation are put right to work helping students, faculty, and staff make the most of their MSSM experience. We work to make sure that resources are not an obstacle to teachers and students achieving excellence in the classroom. Our grants also work to expand and extend the work of MSSM outside of the classroom, but improving residential facilities, making research projects more accessible, making it possible for students to represent themselves and MSSM at local, state, and national competitions, and increasing the opportunities for teachers to seek professional development that keeps them at the leading edge of STEM education. Your donations are essential to the continued success of MSSM and we appreciate your commitment.